Monday night...after a snowy 2 hour commute home, I am back in my living room, thinking of random dance stuff:
1) Start registering for dance workshops this summer. Some are sold out already, making the choices a little easier. Of course that also means I need to take vacation time to take the weekday offerings. Sharon Kihara, I can start (professionally) stalking you to prepare for my ass kicking.
We are talking about workshops into 2015 already...I mustn't think of that yet. I've got a Devi Mamak/April Erzetich thing in May, and then Teacher Training in October. And now the Sharon workshops...plus keeping up with private lessons with Jen Nolan.
It's rather remarkable that a regular person like me can be around these Real Dancers, as this belly dance world is relatively small.
2) Troupe business. Quickly update the tribeamaranth.com performance schedule. And think about the Rogue performance practice schedule. And all kinds of nutty projects I can't divulge right now. *crazed gasp*
3) That dance bra I made with my troupe mate Chris's help - I shall dye it black. It is pink and blue, and does not quite match anything...while its texture is superb for dyeing. Now, how/when to prepare this hot black vinegar dye bath around a hyper 53 lb puppy...?
4) Why don't I post a few pics of myself in good *and* bad posture for a private discussion page? Whoops, I posted it to a public page. That only took a few minutes to notice and fix. But it gave me some great discussion to prep for Wednesday's class and Sunday's troupe practice. And of course I was practicing The Things I Do Wrong to Make Them Right(er).
5) Perform real 'professional career' work in between the four items above. Discussion of spreadsheets, PowerPoints for people who sell trucks. Must get components costed for some fire trucks...better send that e-mail now. Plus I need to think about doing something nice for the colleague who will cover my Saturday shift at the Mid America Trucking show...so I can save on dog boarding fees AND make it back in time to teach my L1 class.
(Topic for a completely different blog - working in the trucking industry...it's like Mad Men - but without the fashion, cigarettes, or handsomeness...or maybe it's like Office Space, except it isn't as funny nor does it have a satisfying outcome. I seriously *do* talk to the customers so the engineers don't have to...)
(I digress. It's ok, because it's a blog.)
Before I fall asleep, I will think of a few more things. I am sure of it. I hope the snow plows come through tonight. That reminds me of testing I need to arrange for some snow plow trucks. Dang it. Every day I bounce between my lifestyle and workplace topics, telling myself it's 'balanced'...